The moment you submit your entry on the Awards website, the processing of your entry commences. This carries with it responsibilities for Haymarket and an understanding from each entrant that they have entered into a contract with Haymarket for the processing of their entry and payment for the entry submitted.
- • to acknowledge receipt of your entry/entries by email confirmation
- • to process each individual entry with care, respect and in confidence
- • to store in a secure facility any additional information, data, photographs, motion picture material, roughs, visuals, printed material, and any other items of material supplied by an entrant in support of their entry. But please note that Haymarket takes no responsibility for the loss of an entry in transit to or from our offices
- • to provide each entrant with a receipted invoice acknowledging payment for an entry by the entrant or the entrant's company
- • to maintain all information supplied by an entrant on an up to date, secure and accurate database in accordance with the laws in force in the United Kingdom at the time of entry
- • to ensure that the judging of each entry will be carried out impartially by a panel of independent judges with appropriate expertise
- • to provide the relevant editorial team of the hosting or supporting publication with all information relating to an entry that is voted a finalist by the judges
- • to accurately portray entries that are finalists in any audio-visual material screened at the awards ceremony
Each entrant undertakes:
- • to enter bona fide work completed during the eligibility period, including when necessary a supporting endorsement from an auditor, independent analyst, or the client for whom the work was done
- • to provide all requested submission papers and support material in accordance with the stated requirements
- • to supply accurate and up to date information on you or your company to be held securely on the Haymarket database
- • to pay the required entry fee and any required late entry or cancellation fee that may be applicable to an entry
Completed entries and bookings
By completing an entry form and submitting it to Haymarket Events you enter into a legally binding agreement with Haymarket Media Group Limited and its subsidiaries and thereby agree to the terms of business for an entry and agree to honour the stated payment terms.
Payment is requested and preferred at the time of entry.
Only when agreed in advance, can payment be made upon receipt of invoice. Payment by invoice is only an agreed payment option once Haymarket has received a Purchase Order number. Cheques should be made payable as instructed on the payment page of the website or on the offline booking form.
Early booking rates are only available until midnight on the date specified on the rate card page of the website or printed on the offline entry form.
Withdrawing an Entry
If for any reason an entry has to be withdrawn after the grace period has expired, all extra production costs incurred will be charged to the entering company. At this stage the entry fee is non-refundable. The grace period for Haymarket's awards runs for 14 days after the official final closing date for entries.
To withdraw an entry, please contact:
69 London Road
If you wish to attend any Haymarket event you will need to complete a booking form and pay the required rate for attendance including UK value added tax, as appropriate. By completing a booking form you enter into a contract with Haymarket Media Group that may only be cancelled in accordance with the stated terms as listed on the relevant booking form. These terms state that cancellations will only be accepted up to a certain date and that any booking received after that date forfeits the right to cancel.
You will be required to sign an offline booking form, or to tick a box on the online form to signal that you accept the terms and conditions associated with paying for attendance at the event.
Implicit in the transaction between you and Haymarket are the following terms:
- • any person booking a place or multiple places will be treated as the host responsible for the booking unless stated otherwise on the booking form
- • the host who makes the booking is responsible for informing their guests of the menu and asking for information on access to the event or dietary needs. Failure to do so may incur you in extra cost at the event and delay in food service to your guests
- • your details and where given the details of your guests, will be placed on the secure Haymarket database
- • hosts and their guests may participate voluntarily in prize draw competitions at Haymarket events. Any information supplied as part of such a competition entry process will be treated with respect and privacy and will be included on the secure Haymarket database
- • the event database compiled by Haymarket will be used to promote the following year's event and you agree to this use of your information
- • Haymarket undertakes to use professional or accredited venues and suppliers to fulfil its obligations under the contract including:
- o to secure an appropriate venue within which to stage the event
- o to provide all professional food and beverage, technical and staging services o to employ professional presenters, personalities, speakers or artistes
- o to comply with all health and safety laws and
- o to ensure a risk assessment for each event is compiled
- • Haymarket is not responsible for any offence caused by professional presenters, personalities, speakers or artistes, employed to work on a Haymarket event. To avoid the possibility of offence, Haymarket issues notes of guidance to all performers in advance of an event in the full knowledge that there is always a risk implicit in every live performance
- • Haymarket reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or presenters, entertainers, musicians or speakers, without prior notice
Payment is requested and preferred at the time of booking.
Only when agreed in advance, can payment be made upon receipt of invoice. Cheques should be made payable as instructed on the payment page of the website or on the offline booking form.
Early booking rates are only available until midnight on the date specified on the rate card page of the website or printed on the offline booking form.
Cancellations and refunds
Cancellations of attendance bookings must be received in writing no later than the date stipulated on the relevant booking form, or booking page on a website, at the address below. Cancellations after this date are non-refundable, but you are allowed to nominate a substitute attendee.
In the event of a major incident affecting traffic to and from or access to the venue, Haymarket will not offer refunds unless the Awards presentation is cancelled, or the relevant authorities prevent your attendance for safety reasons. In this instance, we are insured for full refund of amounts paid.
We reserve the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or presenters, entertainers, musicians or speakers, if reasons beyond our control make such changes necessary.
To cancel a booking, please contact:
Awards Director / or relevant Events Manager
69 London Road
By registering, entering or booking attendance for an awards Haymarket Media Group can provide you with information relating to your booking and other Haymarket related products or services via email, direct mail, fax or telephone. Please write to the Head of Marketing at the address below if you do not want to receive this information. We may also make your details available to carefully screened companies (excluding email addresses) who have offers that may be of interest to you. You are able to opt in or out of these forms of communication on any registration, entry or booking form, either online or offline. To be removed from the mailing list please contact:
69 London Road